Terms of Service
These terms and conditions will be part of the contract you will enter when you engage C3R Innovation and Marketing. Please read them carefully and let me know if you have any questions. In these terms and conditions ‘you’ is the client, it’s employees and agents, and ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is C3R Innovation and Marketing, its employees and agents.
TERMS AND SERVICES
Last Updated:7 May 2020
These are some of the changes to better serve you, for you to know what to expect from us and for transparency between you and the company. Most of these are already in the contract when you signed to work with us.
ANY ADDITIONAL SERVICE
When we quote for a project, we want to eliminate ‘dead time’, such as chasing up responses to emails. This time doesn’t benefit you and is a direct cost for my business. Other businesses will just add a large margin to their quote. we prefer to give you maximum visibility and control over your costs, so you only pay for our services that you use.
Any work or services not defined in the work agreement will be costed at our standard rate of $100 per hour. This includes:
• Additional face-to-face meetings at your request. There will not be any additional charge for face-to-face meetings that I request.
• Liaison time for making changes to the project scope.
• Administration and project management related to any of the above tasks.
This is where we keep the project on track. This is usually laid out in the contract.
• It is our mission to deliver all work by the agreed deadline – or before. However, circumstances beyond our control – including major illness or family emergencies – may prevent us from getting work to you on time. We will inform you within two business days if any such events happen. We will also work with you to minimize the impact on the project delivery.
• Unless we agree otherwise, you’ll provide feedback or information within five business days.
• We will allocate time to work on the project for the periods indicated in the contract. If I am unable to complete work at these times because I have not received information from you, we will continue the project at the next opportunity. This may affect the overall project delivery time.
• If a response or information from you is delayed by more than 3-7 business days (depending on what the we agreed upon on the contract), we may consider the project complete and invoice you for all work completed up to that date. Unless I’ve agreed otherwise, we will cost the work completed pro-rated against the total project cost.
Please pay on time.
• Invoices must be paid within 5 calendar days unless you negotiate a different arrangement with us before entering into the contract. We may add a 10% charge for late payment.
• If we decide to get help from a third-party organization to recover a debt, you are also responsible for paying any additional costs involved in recovering that debt, including legal expenses.
We are creating something valuable for you. This section describes how you gain ownership of the end-product – and how we refer to it in our marketing or training.
• You gain full intellectual property rights in the content when we receive complete final payment. Until then, we hold intellectual property in the version of content that we have written or edited.
• We reserve the right to refer to this project and your business name, and to use your logo and content for promotional or educational purposes.
Keeping your trust – even when the project’s finished.
• If We have signed a separate confidentiality agreement with you, then that agreement will apply instead of this Part.
• We won’t disclose any information that you indicate is confidential.
• You won’t disclose any information about our pricing structure, or project documents.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Part of the expectation of being transparent is covering every scenario – however unlikely.
• Our mission is to ensure our work doesn’t infringe on any copyright or other right of a third party.
• However, we will not be liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages that arise from my work for this project.
• You are responsible for checking the factual accuracy of the content for this project.
• We take pride in the quality of our work and check it carefully. However, we don’t guarantee that our work is free from errors. You are responsible for final approval.
What happens if this contract’s legality is disputed?
• If any part of this contract is deemed to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed from this contract. Severing that part won’t affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of this contract
DELIVERY OF MATERIALS
Client agrees to provide the following materials for us to perform the Services.
• We will be asking for you to email us or drop in our dropbox the material (ie. documents, photos, or content) for the website or uploads for maintenance.
Customer service and communication is one of our key strength with our Clients, even when the project is finished.
• We prefer email communication to keep track of conversations so we can get back if needed for clarifications especially for changes on the project. But you are welcome to call us too.
• We may add you to my email list to keep you updated on C3R Innovation and Marketing work, and to check in with you. You can unsubscribe at any time, and I will not give your email address to anyone else.
END OF CONTRACT
When project is ended or when business relationships come to an end, we would like to keep it as friendly as possible.
• We will send your invoice for maintenance in the month before it is due. If you’d like to finish up and move to another way of managing your site that is completely fine. Please let us know 2 weeks before the end of your current contract to allow us time to get all your files together. If you don’t allow 2 weeks, we may need to charge for the additional hosting time before your site is moved.
• We will let you know 2 weeks before the end of your contract if I don’t feel we should renew the contract and keep working together to allow you time to organize new hosting or company to manage your website.
• We will provide all your web files that your new hosting company or developer can use to move your website or for maintenance. Although we manage your site, you own it, and I will give you everything when we finish working together.
• If you’d like me to move your website to a new host I am happy to help you do that, but will charge the time at $100 per hour.